Monday, September 15, 2008

shhhhhhhh

So this morning a co worker of mine rescued a kitten off of the interstate!! Read my post before this, I wanted another cat!! I did not think it would happen so soon and I have not told Jacob yet, so shhhhh!!!! He is about 6 to 8 weeks old (thats how old Andy was) and he is solid black (sorry brittney). She is allergic to cats, black ones the most. Todd, my co-worker said that traffic was stopped and he couldn't see why until the lady in front of him got out of her car and PUSHED something off to the side so she could drive off. Todd was next and saw that it was a baby kitten. He thought that she was bending down to pick it up but instead she pushed it off to the side so she wouldnt hit it when she DROVE OFF!!!! He was soo mad! He was already stopped to get out and get the baby when the lady on the side of him got to it before him. He asked her what she was planning on doing with him and she said that she didn't know but could not leave him/her there. Todd told her that he knew someone (ME) that would know what to do so he put the baby in his car. Then he called me and told me what he had done so I stopped at the store and bought him/her some food and got a box to put him in and he is now under my desk at work!! I am going to bring him/her to the vet when I get off today to get him shots and tested and checked out. Well the phone is ringing off the hook!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

3 comments:

Amber said...

Aww so precious! I just don't understand how anyone could dump a little animal like that off or worse, just push it to the side on a busy hwy! Ughh! Happy the kitty is in great hands now!! :o)

The Jenkins Family said...

I can't believe that a woman pushed a kitty to the side of the interstate!! I wonder what kind of a heart she has to be able to do that!! I happy that Taylor made it to you and now is ok!! Andy is going to be so excited to meet his new little sister!!

Anonymous said...

Ashlie...I am going to start calling you Mother Teresa! haha! That is so neat that you said earlier yesterday how you wanted a little baby kitten, and then a little while later, you had one! Taylor is so blessed to have such a caring mommy now!

The Bourgeois'

The Bourgeois'

About Me

My photo
Louisiana, United States
I am Ashlie and I am married to the man of my dreams! It is amazing to know God was thinking of me when he created Jacob. We have three cats together who are our babies! I love the Lord, my friends and family more than words can express. I am a happy woman who is extremely thankful for all she has.