Thursday, July 31, 2008
Frustrated- Be Warned
Ok so when I went to take those two applications yesterday I was told that I could come back tomorrow (which is today) and take the test and turn in my application for the Senior Clerical Specialist because that position is on the continuous list, meaning that some department is always looking for ppl who qualify for that position. Well as most of you know, that was my second choice. When I turned in my Engineering Aide I application the lady told me that even though I qualify (which is good) the position is not open therefore I can not apply. So my office has to write a requisition and send it over and then I can apply. Well I feel like someone at my office should have known that since we all knew that the position was not ovep. I feel like I went over there and looked stupid. I was so mad when I got back to my office. I did not want anyone to talk to me b/c I knew that I would have yelled or started crying. My BIG boss, is so slow when it comes to signing stuff or doing anything really, that it is really frustrating b/c he is the one who signs most of the paper work and he is also the one who writes the requisition which with his timing could take a week to do!! I don't have a week!! I know that the mayor and everyone else and thier momma has paperwork to do and that could take a while. That's why I wanted to get all this started and in the process so when school starts on August 20th if I am not in a full time position, it won't be long before I will be. I am leaving to go on vacation in 14 days and I would like most of this stuff to be taken care of so I can enjoy myself and not be worrying the whole time I am sitting on the beach.
Well today I was going to take the Senior Clerical Specialist test that way I could at least do that and my other boss told me no don't do that. She wants me, her and our big boss to go eat lunch and talk about all this job stuff. I told her that I was to the point now that if I have to transfer departments (which I really don't want to do) to become a Senior Clerical Specialist then so be it, b/c I am sick of getting the run around with all this. I get home in the evenings and I barely talk to Jake b/c I have all this on my mind and when I do talk, I snap at him. I don't want to be like that but I am so frustrated b/c I honestly thought this whole thing would go over smoothly. I am sorry to be so down and negative but this is how I am feeling at the moment. Please pray that everything will work out. If we do in fact go to lunch, I will update on what happened.
On a better note, the "Illisionist" was at the Central Prayer Banquet last night. Thats what we went too!! I had no idea! He was incredible!! At the end he talked about how he found God and how He changed his life, it was a great testimony. I am trying to be more positive about all this going on right now and it is very hard, I hope everyone is having a better week than me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Bourgeois'
About Me
- Ashlie Gremillion Bourgeois
- Louisiana, United States
- I am Ashlie and I am married to the man of my dreams! It is amazing to know God was thinking of me when he created Jacob. We have three cats together who are our babies! I love the Lord, my friends and family more than words can express. I am a happy woman who is extremely thankful for all she has.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(63)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Frustrated- Be Warned
- Bringing the Applications!
- Andy Jack is 11 weeks old today!
- 17 days left til the beach!
- Job possibilities
- Pay Day and a Raise!
- Just Wednesday
- My poor little Andy Jack
- It's Monday again
- Baby Addison is here!!
- The Funny Bone and a baby?!!?
- Interesting
- Old Friends and Old Pictures
- What's new!
- New Pics
- Happy its friday!
- New to this
-
▼
July
(17)
2 comments:
I love you, and everything will work out. It might not work out the way you want it to. Remember it's not always about your plan for you your life but somoeone else plan for your life!!
I hope everything goes good for you, and that something works out very soon with the job situation. I know it will. Being patient for God's timing can be incredibly difficult, but always worth it.
Love you!
Post a Comment