Friday, January 14, 2011
Exciting Things Coming Up!
So I am super excited to be starting this new year off right! This is my chance to start this year with goals planned and actually go through with them. Since running my first 5k almost a year ago, I decided it was time to step it up some...so I am running my very first 10k on Feb. 5, the Mardi Gras Mambo with a co-worker. I am looking forward to this, even if I am only at 4 miles running and not 6...I think I will be ok..once I get started normally after 2 I get my second wind =) Then comes the Race for the Cure with BodyBayou, it will be fun to be on a team this year =) That was acually the first 5K I did last year, so this year I will be focusing on my time. Then comes the newest thing...the Warrior Dash! Amanda Causey is the one who sent me a e-mail about it, asking me to do it...I was REALLY nervous about even talking about it!! lol But after much thought, I decided, why not?? It is a obstacle course over 3. something miles. Some of the obstacles include, wading through a pond, only to have to go over logs in the water, crawling through mud under a barbed wire, jumping over bales of hay, jumping and hopping and climbing through a junk car yard, crawling through a dark tunnel and jumping over fire are just a few of them! It will be interesting to say the least, but with friends doing it with us, I think it will be incredible to say I've done it! I am looking forward to pushing myself this year and going for things that I might not have done before. I have met so many wonderful people already in 2011 and I look forward to developing relationships with them. I start school next week too, I have 3 classes and I am looking forward to being one step closer to getting out of there! I am ready to be happy in my job and look forward to going to work.....that is so important to me... Well it's about lunch time, I have a Smart ones pizza with a small salad, what are you eating?? LOVELOVELOVE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Bourgeois'
About Me
- Ashlie Gremillion Bourgeois
- Louisiana, United States
- I am Ashlie and I am married to the man of my dreams! It is amazing to know God was thinking of me when he created Jacob. We have three cats together who are our babies! I love the Lord, my friends and family more than words can express. I am a happy woman who is extremely thankful for all she has.


3 comments:
Girl, I may do the Warrior Dash! Sounds like a blast! I'm so proud of you for all your accomplishments!
You should!! Deanna Johnson, Sarah Miller, and Amanda Causey are just a few that are doing it with me! We are doing the noon slot, let me know if you sign up so we can meet up!!
I am so happy that you have so many great things going on right now! Good Luck in all of the races!!
Post a Comment